Thursday, August 13, 2009

i'm still alive...

Ok really i thought i'd pay more attention to this than i actually did, but hey, i guess I still have this the rest of my life if for whatever reason i wanted to blog when im 80 and in a retirement home. anyway, this month has flewn by, this summer has flewn by, feels like jsut yesterday i was getting pied in the face by kids i dont even know at my first youth group since I was in high school. now i'm flying back to the midwest (God bless that place) in 5 days. crazy. ive made great connections, relationships, friends, and familiarities out here in washington. I was even reunited with 2 of my closest friends from athletes in action just the other day and that was a blast. plus, if that wasn't great enough, i was FINALLY able to see Katie as she came out here. well we're at the point of praying and processing everything to see where God wants us come January after we say our "I do's" (well at least I know i will). so other prayers are more than welcome for our near future if it ever crosses your mind. anyway, this summer has been one of the best in my 22 years of living. just a completely new experience for me all around really, and it has been so great getting to know new people, new culture, new environment, new job, and all this while growing in the Lord, and it has been awesome. Just seeing how the Lord can use someone without any knowledge of how to be a youth pastor and transforming him into just that. amazing what He can do, and I was wrong to even doubt that it could be possible. whatever happens, whether Katie and I do come out here, whether we end up in WA, OH, PA, FL, TX, AK, HI, or even outside the US, we know the Lord will use us to further His kingdom. thank you all who have been praying for me, and for us. really I will try and use this more... 3rd time's a charm...

God Bless

ps-Go tribe... and dear Lord can college football get here any sooner PLEASE?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment